Sugar Addicts Showcase Sunday.

Good Morning Sugar lovers!

I am back with my regular Sunday post, to shine the spotlight on a Sugar Addict, and today's lovely lady is Christine.

My name is Christine and I’m a craftaholic! Well, that just about sums me up....I am, hmmmmm, well OK, ‘getting on a bit’, and I have a lovely and very patient other half who spoils me rotten, he puts food in front of me when I get so involved in my crafting I forget to eat! I also have two grown up daughters, and we’ve recently moved up to Yorkshire from the Isle of Wight, to be closer to them – which didn’t work as my youngest then moved to Bermuda to work for a couple of years.. Ah well..
I've crafted since I was little, when I was always making things out of cardboard and felt tip pens.  A true Blue Peter presenter wannabe! Over the years, I have sewn, knitted, embroidered, made lots of American crafts, made jewellery, and now am into cardmaking and papercraft in a big way. I have a small craft room which is jam-packed with stash... but I never seem to have just ‘the right’ colour or DP, and I just HAVE to go buy some more. Know the feeling?
I’ve been blogging for probably about 18 months, and in that time have actually met up with quite a few of my blogging buddies, meeting up at shows, and visiting each other’s houses (craft rooms!)...  they are super people and my life has been made richer because of their friendship. It’s true what they say – the Internet does make the world a smaller and better place!


And this is the beautiful card Christine made for me to show, using the sweet Charlotte. Fairies and glitter...who could ask for anything more?


This fabulous card uses the image Delia. I love Christine's soft and delicate colouring.


A fabulous festive card this time made with Little Apprentice
Christine loves her little fairies with a good sprinkling of glitter too- just like me then - but she does make non-fairy cards also.


Christine has used Cherry Pip for this card. I love the richness of the reds and the embossing.

I have met Christine a couple of times at the Harrogate craft show. You know when you meet someone for the first time and start chatting and feel like you've known them for ages? She is one of those lovely people that when I met her I knew we would be friends. I just wish we lived a little closer to each other so I could meet up with her more often. She's a lovely lady, and very funny (mad as a hatter really!)
Please go and pay a visit to Christine's blog and leave her some love.

On another subject, did you all enjoy the gorgeous cards made by the DT yesterday with the new digi Adorables? I thought the cards were all simply stunning...they are such a clever and talented bunch. 
I can't wait to see the cards they make with the next new batch of rubber babies. Didn't I tell you there would be new rubber coming soon...very soon :)

Thanks for looking.
Love Elaine xx

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards, TFS, Jo x

Christine said...

Congrats Christine on your stunning show case SN creations..you know how much I love your awesome colouring & fab easy layouts well done you

smiles the other Christine x

coops said...

aw huge congratulations to christine on being in the sugar nellie showcase.christines cards are so beautiful and she`s a wonderful lady too :D

xx coops xx

Shazza said...

beautiful cards Christine x

Janette said...

Another fab showcase Elaine, will pop over to see Christines blog, her cards are gorgeous.xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Thanks for another delightful into Elaine. I have to say I'm rather taken with those two red creations - striking & not easy colouring. Interesting to see a combination of ProMarkers & Copics being used.
Paula (PEP)