Thanking my Lucky Stars!

Good Morning Everyone! I (Jane) hope you are having a good week so far. I can't believe it is Christmas Day on Sunday, I am looking forward to the big day! After making my last Christmas card this week I am trying to get organised and make a few Thank You cards and I have used the adorable 'Catch a Falling Star' Leanne Ellis stamp which is available here from Sugar Nellie as it goes so well with a new Hero Arts sentiment in a set I bought recently.
I used one of the star stamps from the set to stamp around the image with distress inks. To do this, I first stamped the image in Memento Ink onto white card and then die cut it into a circle with a Nestabilities die.
After I had done this, I stamped the image onto a Post-it note and then cut it out, you don't need to worry about the string and stick for the star or the boot laces. I then stamped the star randomly overlapping the image using Antique Linen Distress inks and added more distress inks around the edges of the die cut circle.


Here is a close up of the image coloured with Promarkers. When the post-it note is removed the stars look as if they are behind the image which gives a lot of depth to the design. I chose colours to match the Fancy Pants 'Off to School' papers which I matted and layered onto red card adding aqua stitching around the edges. I stamped the sentiment onto paper from the pack and also added an element cut from the paper which I stamped with a star and matted both onto red card and added them overlapping the image.

The star was stamped again onto brown gridded paper and I cut it out before paper piecing it onto the image and adding glitter glue. I added gems, a couple of flowers and a button just below the image as a finishing touch.
I hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year and thank you for all the lovely comments you have left on my Projects since I joined the Sugar Nellie Design Team this year!
See you again soon in 2012!
Jane
x

5 comments:

Juls said...

Love this!!! I do have a soft spot for Leanne Ellis designs - would love to see some more, this one is such a little sweetie!! adore the LO of the card, and the fabby colours! Hugs Juls

Paula (PEP) said...

This is super with all the colours & I love the depth that masking allows for with your stamped stars.
Have a lovely Christmas.
Paula (PEP)

Lindac said...

Hi there

I have enjoyed your blog heaps of late and have featured it on my own blog today.
Take a look over at http://coachhousecraftingonabudget.blogspot.com/2011/12/wotcha-wednesday_21.html

Thank you

Tamara Gaal said...

Thank your for your great comment on my blog!
I haven't made many cards yet, so it is great to hear such lovely comments ;-).

What a beautifull card you made!!!
Super!
Thank you for the tuturial.
It gives a little extra, very nice!

Have nice holidays and all the best for 2012!

Tamara.

Shazza said...

this is fab!!!