an ice fairy in summer

Hello and happy tuesday to everyone!
This is Kathrin here today popping in to share a  new card with you.

I know, it is summer, we are supposed to be at the beach or pool and get a good tan. 
But well, last week we had two quite cold and rainy days, the wind was blowing and the branches of the trees in front of my window were swinging back and forth. And when I was sitting at my table, looking outside - here's what I saw in front of my window, looking inside:


Guess she hasn't found her way back to Scotland from Germany and that's why she's out of stock right now. But don't worry, I'm sure she will be back soon.

She was fluttering around in front of my window and while she did some loops tiny little ice crystals came out of her magic wand. They melted quite immediately but I promise, I was able to see them and their wonderful glittering!

She didn't stay long, but I was totallys inspired to make this card:


I love the frosty blue I used here and the way the vanilla white and sparkle add that hint of snow or ice crystals. Of course her wings needed a good portion of Stickles too. 
I used Distress Markers to color her in.

Oh well, I know it will take some time until she'll be back - and I also hope so because I don't want to miss the beautiful season of autumn. But with her little visit she made me remember how beautiful a sunny day in winter is.

This gorgeous fairy was from our collection last year but, we have some exciting news for this year.....


Have a sparkling day everyone!


5 comments:

Janette said...

Gorgeous, such a sweet image.xx

Mojca said...

Oh this is just gorgeous. Love the colours! Hugs! Mojca

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! love the soft icy colours. I am so excited about the digi launch!

caroline said...

I just adore this card , so sweet and gorgeous and a fab colour
caroline x

ellyscard creatief said...

Wat een mooie kleuren op je kaart. Gr Elly