SOS - workshop

Good Sunday morning to you all, sorry I missed my post yesterday but I was in Aberdeenshire teaching at our Oldmeldrum store. I had two classes based on a line made in house for sale in our pop up shop last year. We love these box frames that we have made so many versions of these for gifts.

The original butterfly design was made by Kate Mellis and we adapted it for class.
The ladies loved this, well Doreen defiantly loved it the most!

We used new stamps with the ever popular butterfly and opaque white embossing powder on vellum. The rest I think you can guess.

And this weeks see's us all in a mad panics to get deliveries and samples made of our demonstration day in Elgin. The lovely Jenny Trueman is in the hot seat and crafty Kate Mellis is in the class room.

With new stock as our promotions we are expecting lots of boxes this week but if there is a hitch and delivery is delayed yet agian, I will be stressed to the hilt until the stock arrives. We even have a sweet deal on the big shot, good enough to beat the big guys!

I wonder how many real shops do you visit, workshops and clubs you attend.
 Or are you a more likely to lock yourself away and play on your own. 

How are the shops doing in your local area, so many are closing, I don't often hear good news. 
Do you thinks it's the shopping channels , hobbycraft or just a general down turn in the hobby that is fuelling the slow market in independent shops?

After all, you the crafter are the reason shops are open. If we don't serve you well then we need to know how to do better. Let me know your thought, I do read all comments, I just don't publish them if I think the information is best kept to myself .
Have a great day.
Karen


3 comments:

Cass said...

Love the box frame Karen,it's gorgeous.Wish I lived nearer!
I'm demoing at Craft World in a couple of weeks at their demo weekend.Anytime I've been in the shop recently it's been pretty busy and it's a big shop.The crafters still seem to be spending xx

susiestacey said...

I am hoping to come visit your shop at the end of May for the first time when l come up to Nairn x Susan x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Love that box frame. Although I live in Norwich which is a fair size city with good shopping we don't have an independent craft shop, which is really annoying. We only have Hobbycraft and The Range. I always visit shops when we go away and am very envious so have to resort to buying most of my stuff online and at the big craft shows which I love. I would love a shop with papers, dies, stamps, Copics and embellishments to browse round.