SOS - a new face



Just lovely don't you agree, when a card is CAS (clean and simple) it shows of the image so much more. All your time is spent colouring not die cutting and most importantly, it's a card that can inspire people to try for the self.

This car was entered into our challenge 
The Sugar Bowl - April Showers bring Mays Flowers
along with all these challenges
CAS on Sundays - Sparkle and Shimmer
4 Krafty Girls - Anything Goes

Now that's what I call great coverage on one card.
 In entering other challenges you are sharing the love of your favourite stamps and I love it when you all go out into the Internet and share the sugar❤️.(we will come back to this soon)

We all now SN but there are many who have not yet discovered out wee scottish stamp company and the addition of so many digital stamps makes us accessible to everyone world wide in an instant. (Please read carefully how to collect your digital files from Funkykits.)

Back to this card, yellow is a hard colour to work with but this is beautiful and when Lynne entered it into THE SUGAR BOWL challenge, I bet she did not think that this card would lead to a three month guest spot on our Design Team. 

Congratulations Lynne, we look forward to seeing your sweet Sugar Nellie creations.

If you want a sneak peek at Lynne's style pop over to her blog  http://handmadewithlovebylynne.blogspot.co.uk

A little bit of gossip is a stamp both rubber and digital which has proved to be one of your favourites, In fact the fairies are so popular I have asked the artist for more. Happy happy happy but just not so patient! 

Now there will be a few craft hangovers in the UK today, there was a party yesterday that many lovers of cute stamps attended. Even Sugar Nellie Ex DT's had a get together, in hindsight a bus trip would have been a great idea as we share a lot of customers. Some one ask me to do something similar but the truth is, we are tiny! Most of you know me, well that's it! Only me, only a few hours a week, yes you don't get many companies as small as Sugar Nellie and with so many or our stamps now digital, I don't have anything to do as it's all automatic.

 I just wish I could find several new artist to speed up the new releases, but I keep looking but I am real fussy, after all have I not picked some of thee biggest names in the stamp world, OK I fail to keep them very long as the lure of the bigger pay checks usually wins over but look back at our history and celebrate the great artists which were discovered after many hours of surfing.

I hope you enjoy your crafting or surfing time today, I have an endless amount of project needing attention that I will be lucky to see completion of even one thing this weekend. I defiantly suffer from pinterest syndrome, the unrealistic passion to copy everything !

Take care
Karen


6 comments:

Elaine said...

It's a simply stunning card from Lynne. I adore the cleaner look...the image shines.
Yellow is definitely not an easy colour to work with (I avoid it at all costs!) but this is just delightful.

The crafty party was wonderful...though I know it would've been even more so if you'd been able to make it too (grabbing Fiona along the way)The main reason for my visit was to meet up with Dena, a blogging buddy for years...and you know I met her when we were both on your DT. She is the nicest, sweetest gal you could ever wish to meet and the day flew past far too quickly.
Artists...Sugar Nellie started off my addiction to rubber, first with Elizabeth Bell, then Suzanne's Gorjuss then Krista and Simply Sassy...you have an eye for choosing images that will be transformed into rubber (or digis) perfectly. It must be a good eye you have because I've never bought any of these images since they departed. The newer ones just don't appeal to me.

Pinterest...oh but I waste too much time on there!! Now if only I actually made some of the stuff I Pin!

Have a fabulous Sunday
Lots of love
Elaine xxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Congratulations to Lynne! Her card is stunning. Loved it from the minute I saw it. As you said Karen, a tricky colour to work with, but she's nailed it!

Keep being picky Karen. That's why you have so many loyal Sugar Nellie fans!! We all love the stamps you choose and you have indeed launched some pretty major careers in the stamp world. There's no doubt about that. You have an eye for talent Karen, that's so true.

Excited to see what's in store with Sugar Nellie this year.

Hugs, Wends x

lynne said...

Thank You so much Karen!! I sure did not think that this card would lead to this 3 months Guest DT spot so i am over the moon!!
Its so true that sharing on challenge blogs gets your favourite stamps seen by so many others.
Cant wait for more fairies! You may feel your being fussy but i think that makes for a fabulous collection of stamps!!
Hope the sun is shining up there as it is here. Thanks again and looking forwrd to my first post on Tuesday!!
Hugs
Lynne xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Congrats Lynne, I do admire anyone who can do cas this well, your card is gorgeous. New fairies sounds exciting, these fairies are so pretty I love them. I don't do Pinterest as I fear the time I would spend on it meaning less creating time.

Heidi Brawley said...

I love the simplicity of this cute card! !

Lenoria said...

I love this card from Lynne and I love the yellow! I think you have diagnosed what is wrong with me and I could not explain before - I too suffer from Pinterest Syndrome!! I agree with Elaine also, IF I only made some of the stuff I pin it would be wonderful.